Several of the themes available through SHANTI allow you to use a custom header image if you wish. If you would like to be able to put your own image in the header, three good theme choices are Twenty Ten, MistyLook, and Tarksi.
Here is an example of a faculty page using Mistylook for the theme where they have added their own image to the header.
- From the Dashboard open the Appearance pull-down menu. Choose Header.
- Under Upload Image click Choose File. A window will open where you can choose an image from your computer. If you would like, you can also add an image from your Media Library. You will only be able to show a narrow band of whatever image you choose. If you will be closely cropping an image, make sure it is a high resolution image or your header will be pixelated.
- Click the Upload button.
- The Crop Image page will open. You can move and change the size of the part of the image you will be able to use. When you have the crop where you want it, click the Crop and Publish button.
- You are now back on the Custom Header page. Click Save Changes.
- Go to the public end to view the changes.
The header image I chose ended up being too pixelated so I am going to remove it.
- Back in the Custom Header page. I can choose to Remove Image and then add a new one, or I could Reset the Image to restore it to the default header.
- As always, Save Changes.