NowComment® is a web-based tool that facilitates discussions, commenting on and annotation of digital text. Using NowComment, groups can have focused conversations about particular paragraphs and even specific sentences in a document. Analyze, brainstorm, debate, and otherwise engage with whatever documents merit your group's close scrutiny and critical thinking. Using NowComment, authors may draft or upload text and invite others to comment or collaborate. However, unlike other collaborative editors such as Google Docs, or the "Track Changes" feature in Word, NowComment allows for both collaboration and annotation while remaining uncluttered, so the focus is always on the dialogue.
- Carry out virtual seminars with free-ranging discussion of critical texts.
- Provide students with organized and directed comments on their work.
- Create collaborative assignments based upon close readings and commentary.
- Give various authors editing permissions over specific parts of text.
- Embed dialogue and discussion directly into the writing process rather than through disjointed drafts encompassed in multiple files.
Please find documentation for accessing NowComment:
- Through the UVaCollab sites as an
- Through the website
Or, if you would prefer to consult with someone in advance, contact.
An extensive set of text-based instructions and screencasts on how to use NowComment are available at. Also see:
Or, follow along with our.
To see examples of NowComment in use, visit the NowComment Public Documents at.