Search for assets of any type – audio and video, images, sources, texts, subjects, places, and visualizations -- by clicking the mandala.shanti.virginia.edu. This includes mandala.shanti.virginia.edu/places and mandala.shanti.virginia.edu/subjects.icon on any page at
You can use the Filters, Places, and Subjects tabs in the flyout to restrict your search. Learn more about search options below.
The Filters tab narrows down your search results.
If you choose multiple filters, only assets that have both filters show up in the search results.
Example: You select Feature Types: Cultural Region, then Related Places: Tibet. The search finds assets with cultural region as a feature type AND Tibet as a related place.
The Place tab lets you restrict your search results to assets labeled with certain place KMaps. If you don’t choose a place, the place isn’t taken into account when searching. If you choose more than one place, then assets with either place will show up in the search results.
Example: You selected Afghanistan and Jordan. The search results find assets labeled with Afghanistan place KMaps OR Jordan place KMaps.
The Subject tab lets you restrict your search results to assets labeled with certain subject KMaps. If you don’t choose a subject, the subject isn’t taken into account when searching. If you choose more than one place, then assets with either subject will show up in the search results.
Example: You selected Biology and Ecology. The search results find assets labeled with Biology subject KMaps OR Ecology subject KMaps.
- Open any page on the mandala.shanti.virginia.edu
on the sidebar
The search flyout will open
- Enter your search term
- Choose filters, places, and subjects to apply to the search
- Use the tabs below the search field to open each section
- Check out a detailed discussion of filtering above
- Click > next to your search term
Search results will open in the flyout
- Click the tab for each asset type to narrow down your results
- To open the asset, click on the asset title in the search results
The search results will open
- You can also show asset details without fully opening the asset: click + next to the search result